A rising wave of infections among Singapore’s massive migrant worker population threatens to derail the city-state’s success in fighting the coronavirus.
About 80% of all cases in Singapore have been linked to the dormitories where low paid migrant workers from South Asia are housed.
Singapore has now sealed off multiple dormitories, as the government carries out extensive testing and tries to move healthy workers out, but questions are being raised about why more wasn’t done to protect them.
People living in the dorms said they were scared about getting ill, and about what the future holds for them.
We agreed to protect the identity of the workers who spoke to the BBC.
Edited by Christine Hah
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- There are good people out there | r/LGBT | SaturGay! 🌈
- Thử Thách Mua Đồ Với 900k vs Phí Phương Anh / Shopping Challenge Under 900k | SEEN #6
- BAYERN MUNICH vs INTER | REAL AUDIO HIGHLIGHTS | 2010 UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL | TIMELESS ⚫🔵🏆🏆🏆
- Chi Pu | SHH! CHỈ TA BIẾT THÔI (Chị Chị Em Em OST) – Official MV (치푸)
- Tình yêu và tham vọng Tập 22 | Anh em Phong hèn hạ chơi Linh, Tuệ Lâm bị Phong lợi dụng